Thursday, May 15, 2014

Santat!





As our school year comes to a close, I'm begging my students to read this summer. I've really been selling Summer Reading to my students in a way I think I've failed to do in the past. This is the poster from the National Summer Reading ad campaign, which happens to be illustrated by Dan Santat. I've thought Santat was cool since "Dog in Charge" came out, but lately he is BLOWING UP. I have two copies of Sidekicks in the library and they never stop circulating. And now we have The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend.

At first I didn't think it was much of a read aloud. But after the third and fourth read I forgot myself and starting noticing how the children were under a spell. And then I just fell in love. I love Beekle. We all love Beekle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment